Make Nuclear Disarmament a Priority!
ACTION ALERT: Sign a letter to Congress for Nuclear Disarmament!
MVPJ has been working for many years to support nuclear disarmament, a principle of peace and justice shared by all of our faith traditions.
A new bill in Congress can move us another step forward!
Sign a letter to Congress today, urging your Representative to become a co-sponsor of this bill!
H. RES. 77 – “Embracing the goals and provisions of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons” – was introduced last month by Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA). The bill calls on the Biden Administration to …
• Make nuclear disarmament the centerpiece of the national security policy of the United States
• Renounce the option of using nuclear weapons first
• End the President’s sole authority to launch a nuclear attack
• Take the nuclear weapons of the United States off hair-trigger alert
• Cancel the plan to replace the nuclear arsenal of the United States with modernized, enhanced weapons.
Urge your Representative to become a co-sponsor of H.Res. 77 today! Click here to sign a letter to our local Representatives.
(Many thanks to Peninsula Peace & Justice for setting up this easy way to express our support!)
Last month, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists moved their iconic Doomsday Clock ahead to 90 seconds before midnight, the closest it’s ever come to symbolic global apocalypse. THE TIME TO SPEAK AND ACT IS NOW!
If you have time, write your own letter directly to your Representative, urging them to become a co-sponsor of H.Res. 77.