Policing: How to Maintain Public Rights & Safety
||Saturday, September 10 2022 @ 02:30 pm - - 04:00pm
Use link below to register
||How to Maintain the Public’s Rights and Its Safety - Learn from an Expert Panel on the Challenges of Policing and Ensuring Fair Treatment.
Sponsored by Santa Clara County Leagues of Women Voters.
This panel will discuss:
• Objectives of law enforcement organizations
• Response to societal racism
• Unique US armed environment
• ‘Protect & Serve’ vs tendency towards militarization
• Community responsibilities
• What is a better way going forward?
• Audience Discussion: Examples of communities who have been successful in fair treatment & safe neighborhoods
(See event web page)