Since its founding in 2003, Multifaith Voices for Peace & Justice has consisted of a small circle of clergy and laypeople who comprise its steering committee and plan peace events attended by a much larger audience. Over time, members of the committee have felt the press of other obligations and reluctantly left the committee, and members of the audience have expressed interest in greater participation without serving on the steering committee. So there exists a hitherto unrecognized circle of MVPJ supporters who feel themselves to be part of MVPJ despite no formal connection.
If you are one of these supporters, MVPJ invites you to acknowledge your relationship with us by joining The MVPJ Affiliates Circle.
The primary requirements for membership in The MVPJ Affiliates Circle are a desire for closer involvement and a lack of time to become too involved. This being the case, you may be assured that The MVPJ Affiliates Circle will have a yoke that is easy and a burden that is light (to use a scriptural phrase completely out of context).
Membership in The MVPJ Affiliates Circle will afford you the following benefits:
- You will be the first to know (outside the steering committee) of upcoming MVPJ-sponsored events.
- You will NOT be asked to do fundraising. MVPJ intends to remain a small organization with only volunteer staff and minimal expenses paid by donations at its events.
- You may be asked to contribute your scarce time and energy to put on a MVPJ event, for example, by hosting a visiting speaker, serving as a participant in an interfaith event, circulating publicity, or baking cookies. You are under no obligation to do any of these things - but if you cannot do so once or twice a year, you may want to re-think your role in The MVPJ Affiliates Circle.
- You may choose to be publicly recognized as a member of The MVPJ Affiliates Circle in MVPJ's literature and website, or you may choose to remain anonymous.
- You may at any time suggest topics and speakers for MVPJ events, or ask the steering committee if MVPJ will co-sponsor a peace event you are involved in.
- You will be invited to an annual brainstorming session with the steering committee to plan activities for the coming year (assuming our country continues to be at war or suffers domestic injustice, both of which seem likely).
- You will be informed of regular MVPJ steering committee meetings and are welcome to attend, especially if an upcoming event is one you want to be more involved in planning.
- You are welcome to invite others to join The MVPJ Affiliates Circle.
To join The MVPJ Affiliates Circle, just fill out the form below and we will contact you.
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.